Home Page


Monday, January 07, 2008

Just a Couple of things to take note.....

Check out the latest from the Stack, courtesy of Pulp Secret:



Also check out the latest Bloggers Roundtable, courtesy of NPR. Topics ranged from Cathy Hughes' Radio-One deciding to end it's content production deal with XM satellite and Obama's Iowa win:

Bloggers Roundtable: Obama's Iowa Victory

I especially liked Jay Smooth's appearance on Bloggers. I'm not sure about his politics, which I'm sure will become more evident as time goes on but I'm really impressed with his video blogging site, humor and quick editing style. Here's brother Jay (hey I get tribal ever so often) at his best:



And further, check us out on Thursday's Afronerd Radio broadcast (9pm eastern) as we will have a modified Week in Review show. The show will entail an interview with a gentlemen that had a compelling Youtube clip that I previewed a few days ago-Mr. Theron Wilson. We will be discussing the stories of the day, his belief in Dr. Cosby's message, Obama's present standing, African-American imagery, the fallacy of a "Black" or "White" standard and how we can get back to Black excellence. You know what to do-give us a call "live" at 646-915-9620 or contact us via IM/email-afronerdradio@yahoo. I promise you that this will be an important if not eventful program. Stop by with your thoughts so we can rock and roll people-the time are a changin.'

And lastly, don't forget to check out BET's interview with Senator Obama tomorrow at 10pm eastern. If I were Obama, I would have reconsidered appearing on the minstrel station, pretty much for the same reasons that The Boondocks' Hunger Strike episode points out. But I guess he had to prove some backward and nebulous authenticity standard.....again.

No comments: