Home Page


Sunday, February 11, 2007

Time to be Proactive.........No not like what Diddy & Vanessa Shill

I suspect that some folks may get the impression that I do not believe that police misconduct exists. That would definitely be a false assertion. My problem lies with our reaction to police brutality claims. I also have difficulty with how some in minority communities place a blind eye to civilian misconduct and how our youth have become enamored with thug culture. And imagine trying to differentiate between the innocent and not so inoccent-this is what the police are required to do daily. At some point, people of color must relinquish the constraints of victimhood and try to develop strategies to prevent situations that may result in tragedy. As I have alluded to many times here at Afronerd, too many in the Black and Brown communities are adhering to predetermined stereotypes (i.e. possessing prior criminal records or thuggish posturing) that are being promulgated around the clock in our media. This has to stop. Another simple thing that I plan to purchase when I get my next vehicle is a video surveillance unit. Now....if some of our youth can plunk thousands into stereo systems, high performance equipment and glossy wheels-why not a camera to record when a cop gets out of line. Time to think covertly-click on the link below for the auto surveillance info:

In Car Video Recording Security System

No comments: