Home Page


Monday, February 12, 2007

A Few Random Thoughts before I retire for the Evening



Was I hallucinating or were the Grammys actually good this year? I was actually entertained and did not see too much fluff this time around. I saw some musicality and talent-perhaps for the first time since the eighties. The Police reunion. The Corinne Bailey Rae (previous performance above), John Legend and John Mayer trivecta. Christina Aguilera's homage to James Brown. Ceelo of Gnarles Barkley channeling the late Sylvester. The redemption of Mary J. Blige. My boy Prince was in the audience. If only this translated into radio diversity. I guess lightning can strike every once in awhile. One more thing(unrelated). I want to give a shout out to the Nat Turner's Revenge blog for highlighting a new book, entitled Ghettonation. It might as well have been the Manifesto of Afronerd. More below:

Ghettofab revealed and reviled?

Ghettonation and Black Power Inc.

No comments: