Home Page


Monday, May 10, 2010

Don't Forget To Stop By Our Local Comic Shoppe Tues at 7pm ET-Talking Iron Man the Sequel & Comic Book Weekly Faves...But Now Words From Daryll B!



Let's jump in...the water's warm! Join The Comic Shoppe team tomorrow at 7pm eastern as we discuss all things pulp! The obvious issue will be our impressions of the Iron Man sequel but we will also cover the following: the future of 3D film making; more talk (again) of a Luke cage film being developed; more on the return of The Boondocks; some of Daryll B's links (below) and lastly, our favorite comic/graphic novel reads from the preceding week. Don't forget to drop us a line as the broadcast is LIVE! Dial 646-200-0104 or contact us vis email/im-thecomicshoppe@yahoo.com! And remember....Imperius Rex!


Hiya Party People... I must say I am glad not to be in the Iron Man 2 universe..I would have been blown up on the last day of the "Stark Expo"....but I digress...here are my quick hits for you:

Speaking of IM2

1) Jill Pantozzi has an interesting viewpoint on the comic movie "other woman" syndrome as it relates to Iron Man 2 http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/05/05/iron-man-2-and-the-other-woman-scenario/

2) Loved the movie and although there are obvious plot holes (Cap's Shield or was that U.S. Agent's?!?!?!?) it seems I wasn't the only one....133 million+ domestic gross giving it a 290+ million first week combined worldwide.

3) Men In Black III or Bad Boys III? Looks like Will Smith has got a choice to make... and scan this article lower for the RZA/Eli Roth Kung Fu picture news... http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/138519

4) As far as the trailers before the film goes, I loved the look of Inception. Despicable Me I think I will pass on. Super 8 looks like Cloverfield meets The Thing and I had the pleasure of seeing the latest The Last Airbender trailer... yeah I am SO seeing that...although I am wary of them fast forwarding through 20+ chapters of the anime in one movie....

5) Tired of a fanboy-ish view of comic news and craving something more intellectual? My latest blog recommendation to you all is "Too Busy Thinking About My Comics". This is the blog for you deep thinkers. Two great examples of this is last Friday's one comparing and contrasting the Lee/Ditko Peter Parker vs Bendis' Ultimate version:

http://toobusythinkingboutcomics.blogspot.com/2010/05/that-radical-brian-michael-bendis-part.html

and a very interesting dissection of "The Last Days of Animal Man":

http://toobusythinkingboutcomics.blogspot.com/2010/05/some-thoughts-on-last-days-of-animal.html

6) I watched Meet Dave again over the weekend followed by GalaxyQuest and I have to wonder this: why all the hate for M.D. and why all the love for GQ? They had essentially the same joke structure and dramedy elements. So why the difference in reviews?

7) If you have not seen it yet, Comic Book Resources writer has been running a "readers vote for the greatest stories ever told" series of columns: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/category/the-greatest-stories-ever-told/ Up this week are George Perez, Magneto, Chuck Dixon, Ed Brubaker and Changeling

8) Um I still in a little shock from what I read here: http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/05/07/liam-gallagher-producing-a-beatles-movie-oh-dear/ Yep you read that right... Liam Gallagher doing a last days of the Beatles movie... I think the British section of internet just crashed...

9) I'm sorry to all who don't know this by now but the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who are probably the scariest villains created for any science fiction, TV or movie, in the last 10 years.

10) I will close up the blog with this one question cribbed from the fine lads at The Weekly Crisis: Which "b-list" hero would you like to see get the movie treatment next? http://www.weeklycrisis.com/2010/05/top-10-tuesdays-ten-marvel-b-movies.html They stopped at Marvel but I opening it up to all books. Personally I would mark out for Runaways, Booster Gold, and a Dynamo 5 or Noble Causes movie...

This has been Daryll B. faithful Afronerd readers and until next time, Keep Fantasizing!!



No comments: