Home Page


Sunday, January 24, 2010

OK, You Might Have Noticed No Afronerd Radio......Hey I'm Not Stupid-I'm Not Going To Compete With Sunday Football (Go Jets BTW).....In the Interim...




Well like the title says, I'm not going to do a show while the game is on! However, let's try for tomorrow at 7pm (ET) for a new Afronerd Radio broadcast. I haven't spoken about Haiti, simply because the tragedy is so overwhelming that mere words just wouldn't convey an iota of the suffering that is going on in the country right now. I will try to say a few words on Monday's show to discuss the reprehensible Pat Robertson as it relates to the above clip and his silly assertions regarding the tragic event. And speaking of the above clip, I'm not a complete fan of the Young Turks, who are unabashedly Progressive, but in this instance with their analysis of Pat Robertson, they are dead on target!

So again, for the next show, I will try to cover some of the topics that I missed for the last couple of weeks that we were off air. Topics such as: Rush Limbaugh channeling Harry Reid regarding "light and dark skinned Black folk" becoming more enamored with President Obama if he helps Haiti (wow...); Gilbert Arenas' stupidity; Marvel's Black Panther cartoon airs in Australia and not the US (!!); the passing of Teddy Pendergrass and Percy Sutton and lastly, as the Precious film gets closer to Oscar recognition, another article encapsulates my thoughts about the racial and stereotypically regressive nature of the movie. Remember, join me tomorrow (and then back to Sundays thereafter) at 7pm and feel free to call in "live" at 646-915-9620 or via email at-afronerdradio@yahoo.com.

Afronerd Radio Returns with a much need Week in Review

Thanks to our vigilant supporter, Sergio Mims for pointing out this Kenyan sci-fi film, Pumzi.....the question remains why their American brethren can't seem "beam" themselves out of the ghetto aesthetic:

No comments: