Home Page


Friday, October 02, 2009

Damn......Submitting This For Your Approval For Completely Gratuitous Reasons (Ms. Ford!!) Oh and Chris Rock Is Cool Too-The Good Hair Screening!



For the sake of full disclosure, I've discussed my thoughts on Chris Rock's upcoming documentary, Good Hair in a previous entry. Some of our readers (or is it detractors) believe that I take great joy in harping on some of the more dysfunctional elements of the African-American community-this couldn't be further from the truth. It is quite taxing to elucidate on cultural angst such as the insecurity attached to Africoid hair and features. I understand the psychological (and physiological) damage that was done to people of color for greater than three centuries and that the hair obsession is just an outgrowth of the damage-but when does it stop as we are now squarely in a new millennium? I guess all I can do about Rock's film is shrug my shoulders because this aforementioned angst is on display for the world to see....again and I guess the overarching conundrum is...when does the healing begin? In the interim, can we all agree that Melyssa Ford is gorgeous? Can anyone tell her otherwise or are her hair issues that debilitating?

No comments: