Home Page


Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Now Dburt This is just a gratuitous video......



Perhaps this is a gratuitous video but there is a point beyond my admiration of this pretty young woman's physique-the need for diet and fitness to be placed in higher regard in communities of color. I consider myself to be a fitness buff and as of late, I have not only been frustrated with my own goals but also with the complacency of some Black/Brown women (and some males exhibiting this as well) toward exercise. I had a conversation with my allergist some time ago whereby we discussed our workout habits-and we came to the same conundrum-why wouldn't someone want to look better if he/she could? African-American women (with Latinas a close second) comprise the largest segment of the population in obesity rates and just as Black male incarceration rates are disproportionate and must be analyzed, so must our health issues. The above young lady's physical prowess is something to behold and it definitely inspires yours truly-the test is...does it inspire you? Click on the links below for more fitness oriented fare:

Bodybuilding.com

Bruce Lee Weight training WORKOUT

No comments: