Home Page


Monday, September 24, 2007

Here We Go Again.....Adrianne Curry proves once again why a mind is a terrible thing to waste....Model Boycotts BET for the wrong reason



I'm not sure if our readers are familiar with this story but it does appear to be gaining ground within the Black blogosphere. The only reason I decided to provide an editorial on this matter is because this latest celebrity faux pas against education conversely demonstrates a lack of an education. Talk about a mind being a terrible thing to waste. I posted the above clip as an example of what an uneducated person sounds like-with Adrianne Curry’s current footinmouth disease encapsulating a similar premise. The clip also shows that certain folks should never be passed the microphone or blog. Apparently Curry, best known for her reality TV career (My Fair Brady, Surreal Life, America’s Top Model, etc) has made some rather provocative statements on her blog calling for a boycott of both BET and Black History Month. Ironically, BET should be boycotted (and if you ask BET CEO Debra Lee-demonstrations in front of her home certainly feel like a boycott) but not for the convoluted reasons that Curry has delineated. What our country requires more than ever is a comprehensive re-education initiative that encompasses the history, culture and/or historical achievements of all of its citizens, so that we can stamp out this current and horrific scourge of footinmouth disease. Let’s take a look at Curry’s diatribe in question (she has of course, provided the customary next day capitulation):



MY Boycott against BET and Black History Month


Because of my last blog, and all the wonderful feedback I got..it made me think...

This is gonna be hard guys. I LOVE the comedians on BET. I also LOVE the fact that they play my favorite show of all time, In Living Color. However, I do not believe in seperating ANY RACE in America. WE ARE AMERICANS! How dare we have Black History Month! In my eyes, the Native Americans deserve it MUCH more, seeing how we destroyed their ENTIRE SOCIETY. There are hardly any of them left! They also have been proven to have the WORST living conditions on their reservations. I want AN AMERICAN HISTORY MONTH. One where we learn about EVERY race, ALL OF OUR LEADERS, EVERYONE! I think by having a month dedicated to one race, and not one for any other, is RACIST. Every fund set up to only help people of one race is SICK and RACIST.

Yes, I get it. Black people were slaves here once. You know what? That does suck some major balls, however, it is time to move the fuck on. Do we hear the Jews crying that they were made slaves for thousands of years? Do we hear them whine that they should OWN the pyramids in Egypt because THEY broke their backs making them? Do we hear them bitch and moan about Hitler, etc? (my hubby is a Jew)Nope, we dont. It's time for us to UNITE AS ONE. I do not think that singling out one race, giving one race opportunities to go to college (I know a TON of poor white.asian, indian, american indian, etc etc that could use that too!), giving one race the EXCUSE to blame things on others for being whatever nationality they are, is a good way at making sure we NEVER kill racism.

I am over this shit. WE ALL CAME FROM ONE BLACK WOMAN FROM AFRICA, THAT is our EVE! It has been proven by science, and I stand by it. If any other race had a chanel dedicated to just them, we would think it was racist. If any other race demanded a month be set aside for ONLY them, they would be considered racist. I am NOT living by this double standard any longer.

Think I am racist? I am not. I know what racism is. I dated a guy named "Justin" in Junior high. Nothing serious, but I really liked him. He was the blackest of black...BEAUTIFUL skin, kinda like Alex Wek's. He was handsome, and athletic, etc. I was called a nigger lover. But you know what? I was called that by a whole 2 people out of a school with HUNDREDS of students. THAT is why I am NOT buying this racist shit anymore. Let us teach or children that there is NO DIFFERENCE! We are all human. I hope one day aliens land and try to kill us. Maybe THEN we would finally realize that WE are ONE.

So, I will no longer tune into BET. This is going to suck, but I do NOT like the idea of having a chanel for only 1 race. In the year 2007 in a country that is supposed to be the most advanced and equal. This is unexceptable! I will also no longer acknowledge Black History Month. Instead, I will see it the way that Morgan Freeman does (I have the quote at the bottom of my last blog on Obama/jesseJackson, and OJ). AMERICAN HISTORY MONTH! I will read/watch/and learn about ALL the people who made a difference in this country.

I am asking you ALL to join me. Black, White, Indian, Asian, Russian, Australian, etc etc.....lets be AMERICANS together! What happened to the African American community was AMERICAN HISTORY, not BLACK HISTORY. If you want to celebrate in a way that excludes others and singles one race out, count me the FUCK out! I am soooo proud to be an American. I am SO proud that I have friends of every race, and none of us see each other as anything but what we are..people. Lets change Black History Month to 2 months of AMERICAN HISTORY. We will still learn about all the black leaders and people who made a difference....just not with the racist name of "Black History Month". It has to start somewhere. I am going to do my part in making sure we are all treated EQUAL in a country that CLAIMS we are. NO MORE SPECIAL TREATMENT FOR ANYONE WITH ANYTHING!

It will never happen. At least, that is what many of you will say...FINE! My number one priority here is being able to die and know that I stood up for what I believed in, and that I did not add to the SEPERATION OF AMERICANS!! I love my country, I love the people in it. I love our history, good and bad. We should LEARN from it,not dwell in it and not move forward. That's why I am done with this shit. You are all my brothers and sisters.....even if I think you suck ; ) As Bono said, "One life, with each other..sisters...brothers!"

now, have fun burning me at the stake ; )



And just for the record, I am for deracializing certain aspects of our nation's ethnic and cultural discourse (where and when it does not apply) but a great deal of the problems that are affecting people of color come from our historical ignorance. Let's flesh this out....when mannequins speak.

And check out TMZ's take on the Curry fallout:

Adrianne Curry: Another Fine Mess

No comments: