Home Page


Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Early Display of Lower Tier vs Upper Tier, Courtesy of Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect Show!



I finally found this episode of Bill Maher's first foray into the celebrity versus politico talkfest, Politically Incorrect. All I have to say is....Thank God for Youtube! This episode, which I believe aired sometime before or after 911, was perhaps my first televised encounter with the lower tier vs upper tier paradox. It was also the first time I saw Vivica A. Fox in a less than glamorous position-she essentially revealed herself to be a ghettocentric individual. The gracious and beautiful Republican strategist Amy Holmes also made an appearance during this broadcast and at the time of this episode's airing, I couldn't quite understand why Fox displayed such a cold demeanor toward Holmes. What exactly am I talking about? Check out how Ms. Fox admonishes Holmes at approx. the 5:12 mark. This brief exchange encapsulates pre Black authenticity and pseudo tribal loyalty questions that are levied against independent minded people of color to this day. A penny for your thoughts...

No comments: