Home Page


Monday, May 12, 2008

Well Maybe He Just Had A Bad day........Or Maybe Not-Bill O'Reilly's Inside Edition Meltdown!



Usually I wouldn't highlight such internet drivel but in the wake of cyclical Rev. Wright footage submitted by Mr. O'Reilly, perhaps turnabout is fair play. It appears that this vintage Inside Edition clip (I would venture to say late 80s to mid 90s) shows a truly disturbed O'Reilly arguing about absolutely nothing. I would be the first to admit that I like the O'Reilly Factor even with its warts and flaws but despite this blog's conservative bent-I'm not going to excuse weird behavior. I will make one distinction-O'Reilly's blowup remained behind the scenes and was not commodified for public consumption. This is the problem with our current cultural/entertainment landscape, especially as it relates to people of color-our anger is exposed for profit spilling over into real life. Well have fun guys....let us know what you think.

Uh Oh...et tu Sue? Is there an epidemic for crass and unexpectedly bad behavior all of the sudden? This may be more of a local non-story but I would have never guessed that such verbiage would come from the mouth of a respected New York journalist as Sue Simmons. For those who are unfamiliar with Ms. Simmons, she is a long time anchor with NBC's New York affiliate news station. I actually was fortunate enough to meet and get an autograph from Simmons years ago and found her to be quite cordial. Perhaps it's something in the water...perhaps.

No comments: