Home Page


Sunday, August 26, 2012

Check Out The Film Short "Zombie with a Shotgun," Courtesy of filmmaker, Hilton Ruiz; Also Daryll B.'s Latest Comix Blog Entryy

Zombie with a Shotgun ~ Episode: 1 from Zombie with a Shotgun on Vimeo.

Please take a gander at the latest film short from Afronerd Radio friend and colleague, Hilton Ruiz entitled, Zombie with a Shotgun. We were fortunate enough to interview, Mr. Ruiz regarding his best selling book, The Forty-Deuce: The Times Square Photographs of Bill Butterworth, 1983-1984, so feel free to support, comment and spread the word relating to this burgeoning filmmaker's latest project.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/afronerd/2012/06/03/the-comic-shoppe-6-afronerd-interviews-hilton-ruiz-7pm

Next up, check out the latest blog entry from The Shoppe's own Daryll B.:

Morning/Afternoon/Evening Afronerd Readers! Due to work and my vested interest in the Little League World Series, this link-blog will be brief but I know I have a couple of things here that will interest you....

-I usually like to end with Comics Alliance / 4th Letter's blogger / writer David Brothers but this pair of articles were too good not to pass along as my lead off. First, he analyses the growth of Peter Parker in the first 50 issues of Amazing Spider-Man....

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/08/17/50-years-later-growth-and-maturity-in-amazing-spider-man-1-50/

Then he ties that article to Luke Cage and Dave Chappelle over at 4thLetter....

http://4thletter.net/2012/08/luke-cage-and-if-im-fake-i-aint-notice-cause-my-money-aint/#comments

You have heard me me being quite critical of Spider-Man's direction across media in our Comic Shoppe's history. It is only because that I read most of this run and like Mr. Brothers, I have been shaped by it. Matter of fact, the only 2 creator runs that I love dealing with these times in Parker's like are Kurt Busiek's Untold Tales and Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate run.

(Also, if you are one of the few that has not seen that Inside The Actors Studio with Dave Chappelle.... WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???? Go. Stop reading this blog RIGHT NOW and watch it off itunes, netflix, youtube, whatever... You can always come back to me later....)

-Speaking of Luke Cage (and by proxy, Black Panther), one of the actors that I favored to play him has found himself in another Marvel movie....

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/08/23/thor-the-dark-world-adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje-kurse/

Agbaje's voice out of a CGI'd Kurse body... Whoa! Ponder that for a moment....

-This never gets old....

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/08/22/the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlepersons-1996-art-parody/

We can literally do entire shows based on creating lineups of fictionary charaters for an "Extraordinary" movie. It never gets old and Alan Moore didn't know it at the time but he essentially created comics' fantasy football here.

-Speaking of never getting old, I love the commentators at Comics Should Be Good so much right now:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/08/18/a-few-spoiler-filled-questions-about-the-dark-knight-rises-with-spoilers/

Sure you can see the movie taken apart on any comics site or blog on the net. However, the intelligence and respect for each other shown here is what I appreciate. We may not always agree but should respect each other's opinions without derision.

(As I type this, a kid from Tennessee has just hit his THIRD 3-run home run in the game to lead 15-5. Damn I wish I could do that younger but while other batters have a swing that have a hole in them... mine had a fissure the size of the Armegeddon meteor!)

-Robot 6 tries to get me to appreciate Sinister's actions in AvX....

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/08/the-fifth-color-paradise-burns/

...sorry still not buying it. The main thing that AvX has done in my eyes is highlight how much Marvel has devalued the super-villain in recent years. Heroes were meant to fight villains ESPECIALLY in comic books. Sorry New Age thinkers....

-I love Mark Waid.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/08/quote-of-the-day-2-mark-waid-on-the-grimness-of-superhero-comics/

True... and check out in the comments how he handles a commentator who tries to show he's a hypocrite. Awesome... and I think this will be a topic on the show very soon....

-I have to respect Rob Liefield...

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/08/23/rob-liefeld-quits-dc-on-twitter-names-names-and-points-fingers/

He gave it a shot... but to all that are going to criticize him on this.. didn't I show you guys an article/interview with George Perez that touched on many of the same points?

-What the...?

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/08/24/parting-shot-fan-made-captain-planet-trailer-will-make-you-th/

I never thought I would say this... but I kind of want to see a Captain Planet movie now....

(Update 2: Callfornia just had a 10 run Bottom of the 6th to tie the game up at 15. Holy Power Displays Batman!)

-One of my favorite actors in science fiction or in acting genre had his day up at Canada's Fan Expo:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/08/25/fan-expo-john-rhys-davies-reflects-on-lengthy-career/

Ah Sliders... it was like a "what if?" movie every week for the first 2 seasons then became a weird hybrid of the worst traits in "Star Trek", "Heroes", "Doctor Who", and "Smallville".

(Tennessee just got 9 runs in the Top of the 7th to make the game 24-15.... The may be the greatest Little League offensive game I have ever seen!)

-Finally, one more "What The..?" to take us home

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/08/22/man-attacks-roommate-mother-with-fake-wolverine-claws/

Ok I am going to get all berserker on my buddy AND my mom... yeah... comic fans didn't need to get this 'good' attention... AGAIN.

Whew! I guess I had more interesting news than I thought. Tennessee just won 24-16 over California and I got through this link blog. I hope you guys & gals found stuff in here to make you think. Until next time readers, Keep Fantasizing!

No comments: