Home Page


Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Afronerd Radio's Mid Week in Review Broadcast Airs Wed @7pm! Discussing Casey Anthony, DSK Case Dismissed, The Diary of a Decade Film & More!



Hey People!....once AGAIN, Happy Belated July 4th and after having giving our listeners a brief reprieve, Afronerd Radio returns for Wednesday's Mid Week in Review show at 7pm eastern. Join Captain Kirk and Dburt as they discuss the following issues: the rape case against former IMF chief, Dominique Strauss-Kahn appears to have crumbled due to the credibility issues of the accuser; the Casey Anthony trial has come back with a not guilty verdict; a new documentary (hat tip to Shadow and Act's Sergio Mims for informing us about this) entitled, Diary of A Decade showcases the 90s Black alternative music scene coming out of Atlanta, GA; our thoughts on a recent Smiley and West podcast interview with legendary comedian/provocateur, Paul Mooney and lastly, what appears to be somewhat tangentially connected, NY's Openline radio show, (WRKS-98.7fm) gets a bold caller named "Hassan" who critiques the show for its gross adherence to grievance style politics and victimization-and we applaud his verve. Call in live at 646-915-9620 or contact us via email/IM at afronerdradio@yahoo.com. And speaking of Diary of a Decade, take a gander at this extended trailer for your further edification:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey DBurt, just catching up on your shows. Finished listening to this one and the last one. One question: are you SURE you're a conservative? If so, you're the only one I've known to criticize Fox News and repeatedly express support for Obama.

This was a great show and a few times, I had to pick my mouth up off the floor! I'm amazed that I tend to disagree with your assessment of the Casey Anthony trial. I must admit that I wanted no part of that sensationalistic affair, so I know nothing of the ins and outs of the case, but I have a hard time believeing that the jury would acquit her for the reasons you stated. I think when a child's life is at stake, a jury would tend to look for ANY reason to convict. Again, I have little knowledge of the case, but from what I gathered along the way, it seemed like an open and shut case, as you said. I just have to believe that the prosecution really fucked up big time and the jury had no choice but to acquit. Just my uninformed take.

Thanks for the shout-out, BTW. You should know that your show is appointment viewing (or should I say appointment downloading) and I tend to agree with you almost 90% of the time. I just get a little concerned that perhaps you don't give credence to how inequality in education, employment, housing can affect a segment of society (the lower tier, as it were). Not that it's an excuse for lower tier behavior, but I do think that some behavior is simply becuz some don't know anything different from that. I think these last two shows, you've shown that you do temper your judgments from time to time and that's good to see :)

Capt. Kirk has been on fire lately! He said one of the wisest things I've heard in awhile: justice and rule of law are not the same. What an excellently concise way to put it.

One last comment: I used to listen to Open Line religiously when I was up in Jersey (don't know if it reaches down here Philly) and I really don't recall any victimization per se, I always had a sense that they were voicing the concerns of the community. I guess after listening to you for the amount of time I have, maybe my perspective would have changed if I could hear their show again. But if you allow me to become 'tribal.' as I always am, I just love the fact that you and Bob Slade, as black men, are offering intelligent discourse, even if your perspectives don't jibe. That's what thrills me the most. Is there any way for me to hear that show?

Keep up the good work!