You know what time it is! It's time for the gang at Afronerd radio to open The Comic Shoppe show for the business of pulp discussion. Our colloquial store opens Tuesday at 7pm with the following items...ahem, issues available for purchase: after a 20 year deliberation, Mattel finally decides to release the Marty McFly hoverboard used in the Back to The Future franchise; although famed (or is that hack?) director, Michael Bey is slated to return to the Transformers franchise in 2014, the word "reboot" has been tossed around for the film's fourth installment; DC experiments with an alternative Superman (of color) in an upcoming issue of Action Comics; JJ Abrams' Alcatraz continues to shine with high ratings and sprinkles of comic book shout-outs; the UK version of Being Human returns for a fourth season; our thoughts on Kevin Smith's Comic Book Men and lastly, our favorite graphic novel picks from the previous weeks. AGAIN...join Captain Kirk, Daryll B and Dburt for tonight's festive broadcast by calling in live at 646-915-9620 or via email/IM at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make mine Marvel...ahem, DC...ahem Afronerd Radio!
And without further delay, take a gander at The Shoppe's own Daryll B. with his latest comic book/fantasy/pulp flavored blog entry:
1. The Ghost Rider Commercials are looking real good but as always real life comes back to taint it for me. This Marvel/Disney vs Gary Friedrich thing has gotten ugly with somehow HE owing Marvel 17,000 dollars. As usual the comics community is stepping up to help out a brother in arms...
2. In case you missed the Sunday Mid-Season Premiere of The Walking Dead, Spinoff Online has a nice and tidy recap for you:
Bye, Bye Sophia.... bye bye survivor unity?
3. Tony Moore vs Robert Kirkman over The Walking Dead royalty percentage:
Golden Rule: ALWAYS read the contract before you sign over rights of any type!
4. You may have heard about the big story turn in Buffy Season Nine #6. In case you haven't, here is the Kelly Thompson take on it.
She is one of the biggest Buffy fans and even so, I find this opinion more rational than others I have read. Some people get so worked up about this subject that it is almost impossible to have an intelligent discussion.
5. OMG! These are absolutely beautiful!
As if I needed to spend my little meager money on anything else...? Marissa Garner has to make these.....
6. Yes GOD! YESYESYESYESYESYES!
*ahem* Sorry about that I just went nuts with happiness.... First I get Star Trek/Legion and now this? That's a win for me....
7. AfroNerd, as an unabashed Power Girl fan, might need to have his rage quelled at this development...
8. Finally, I am going to leave you with 4th Letter's David Brothers who takes apart a statement by Marvel Publisher Dan Buckley:
Yeahhhhhhh right.... Marvel doesn't do linewide crossovers and in other news, the Jeremy Lin thing with the Knicks has been a mass illusion perpetrated by the illuminati to steal the world's M&M supply... Who's he trying to kid?
That's it for me this week AfroNerd Readers. Until Next Time, Keep Fantasizing!