Home Page


Sunday, September 24, 2006

Did I ever say that we are in Real Trouble?



It appears that the Oprah versus HipHop story just will not die. Trust the media to perpetuate a story for the public's prurient interest. I just happened to log into my AOL account when the main story centering around Oprah is some misguided fan who insists on promoting Oprah for president via his website. Needless to say, Oprah and her capable legal team are not amused. But low and behold, the adjacent story dealt with Oprah's alleged disdain for hiphop. I'm sure you have heard the story before so I will not repeat it but....it truly amazes me how this woman(and others) are being forced to love hiphop. Many of the artists as well as their supporters are delusional as it relates to the current coon imagery of the commercial music idiom. The constant use of "nigga" in place of true lyricism, the bling and misogyny....oh yeah....what's not to love? Take a look at the link below and check out the comments....we really need divine intervention folks.

  • Oprah Winfrey, enemy of hip-hop
  • No comments: