Home Page


Monday, August 28, 2006

It's Time To get Sirius....



I don't want to give the reader the impression that I have become a shill for Sirius Satellite radio but....I think it might be the next best thing since sliced (corn)bread. I purchased stock in the company a few weeks before Howard Stern announced his move from terrestrial to extra-terrestrial airwaves, so suffice it to say, I became a fan before I went out and copped a unit. It is an initially expensive endeavor(as I purchased a lifetime subscription) but the variety of music and programming blows away the competition on FM. I have also taken it upon myself to draft a letter to Sirius imploring them to consider a Black alternative music selection where artists that have notoriously been unable to fit with what is the expected music format(r & B, hip-hop) can be heard. Where else can Fishbone, Bad Brains, 24-7 Spyz, Prince, The Roots, Vernon Reid gain an audience? No one else believes that Black culture is a diversified entity. Sirius does have classic hiphop as well as several Jazz channels(which is sorely needed on FM) but there is still room for improvement. Perhaps there is hope for Black music yet...time to get sirius.

No comments: