Home Page


Sunday, February 13, 2011

On Tonight's Afronerd Radio Broadcast-Discussing Dburt's 1st App on Opie & Anthony, Craiglist Congressman, Queens, NY Molestation Case & More!



Keeping it simple, yet again! Stop by Afronerd Radio this evening at 7pm as Dburt and Capt. Kirk discuss the following topics: the connection between the horrific Queens molestation case (news clip, above) and a 9 year old receiving a vulgar and sexually explicit text message; the gossip blog, Media Take Out's "contribution" to Black History month; Dburt's first experience with the Opie and Anthony show; the Craigslist congressman, Christopher Lee and the woman of color that reported his antics and lastly, Rush Limbaugh's weekly and unabated rant about Black women and a certain Pepsi Super Bowl commercial. Whew! I think that's it! Ok...call in live at 646-915-9620 or via email/IM-afronerdradio@yahoo.com. Oh and we'll through in some news from Egypt if time permits; And in remembrance of President Mubarak's reign..."power currupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." See you at 7pm!


Afronerd Radio's Week in Review Broadcast!

Oh...in the interim, here's the Super Bowl ad in question that Rush Limbaugh thinks encapsulates the "Black female mind."-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey DBurt, just caught the show. Let me first say, I enjoy listening to your show and will continue to listen. But I take extreme issue with what I perceived as your malignment of the family of the 9 year old who received the text message. What was the necessity of bringing up the lack of a father figure and attributing "blacksense" to this family? The mom must be doing something right if the child is top of his class. That just rubbed me the wrong way. Please correct me if I got that wrong.

BTW, I heard one past show where you mentioned Stax Hooper. I had the pleasure of producing videos for Mack Avenue Records, a jazz label, and I met Stax Hooper, Gerald Wilson, George Shearing (who just passed) and another gemtleman whose name escapes me but he was reknowned among jazz circles for his talent and he played with Louis Armstrong. I got to record Gerald Wilson conducting his orchestra at Birdland. I still have the audio recording (wish I could find the video!) Great experience!

gford91403 said...

You guys have been doing some really good shows. I've been checking out DC Universe Online. It looks really cool, unfortunately, right now I don't have the time (or subscription fees) at the moment to get or play it (I'm trying to graduate here).

QStorm, I can't speak for DBurt, and he can reply himself. I don't know exactly what he was saying, but I think he was trying to resist going completely into another topic, children without fathers. I don't think that is material to the boy receiving those text messages, but more the overall issue of boys not having responsible men (fathers) to guide them in their formative years. And in this particular case I don't think we know anything else about the family, so it may or may not be relevant here.