Home Page


Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Don't Do Gossip But Damn......What the Hell?



I heard about this exchange earlier this morning and just had to find the footage. As my entry is appropriately entitled, I do not usually engage in gossip oriented fodder but this actually falls into the realm of corporate racism. Brandy, singer/actress and formerly of Moesha fame, is a guest host this week for The View- temporarily filling the spot left vacant by the recently fired Star Jones Reynolds. I guess it's necessary for there to be a minority replacement which in itself can be questioned, but that's not my my gripe this time. Brandy appears to be taking the brunt of disrespect that was supposed to be leveled against Star...since all us Black folk are the same...Right. Her hair was verbally probed and touched which just seems bizarre to me. But this goes to show you that African-Americans are really not seen as individuals and we really do pay the price for the mistakes or mishaps that other Black folks make. This runs from corporate gigs to obviously large media outlets like ABC's The View. Take a look at the above debacle. Is it really 2006?

No comments: